Kusum Kanguru Peak
Climbing the peak Kusum Kanguru in the Everest region is considered the most difficult peak for climbing among the trekking peaks in Nepal. Climbing this peak is technically very challenging on all possible routes, Kusum Kanguru is an impressive triple-summit rock and ice peak which forms the border between the Dudh Koshi to the south and Hinku Valley to the north. This climb is suggested only for those who already have good alpine mountaineering experience. The elevation of this peak is 6367m and there are two approaches to this climb.
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu and transfer to the Hotel.
Day 02: Trek preparation day/Climbing permit issue and necessary paperwork arrangements.
Day 03: Flight to Lukla (35 minutes) and trek to Phakding (2640m) – Overnight at Lodge
Day 04: Trek to Namche (3440m) – Overnight at Lodge
Day 05: Extra day 'rest' Namche acclimatization, explore around Syangboche and Khumjung/5 hours: lodge/teahouse stay.Overnight at Lodge
Day 06: Trek to Monjo (2840m) – Lodge/teahouse stay.
Day 07: Trek to camping place (3850m) – Tented Camp
Day 08: Trek to Base Camp (4750m) – Tented Camp
Day 09/19: Climbing period of Kusum Kanguru Peak – Tented Camp
Day 20: Cleaning up base camp – Trek to Monjo – Overnight at Lodge
Day 21: Trek to Lukla – Overnight at Lodge
Day 22: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu (35 minutes) and transfer to the hotel.
Day 23: Extra day in Kathmandu: This is a cushion day for eventuality that may arise for delays or cancellation of flight or any other reasons beyond our control. In case everything works out fine than you may have the privilege of using this day for sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley hunting souvenirs or any other option that may interest you. Overnight Hotel.
Day 24: Final Departure, transfer to airport
Trip Price: US$ 2765 Per Person
Roundtrip Airfare: US$ 318 Per Person
* All land transfer, arrival and departure as per the itinerary.
* Hotel accommodation with bed and breakfast on Twin sharing basis as per the itinerary.
* Flight from KTM- Lukla-KTM with Domestic Airport transfer
* Accommodation in Kathmandu as per itinerary
* Food during the trek 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in specified local lodges or prepared by our cook.
* English speaking experienced & professional trekking guide
* Porters (1 porter carries the luggage up to 25 kgs of 2 participants during the trek).
* City tours as mentioned in the itinerary with English speaking guide and all land transportation with private car/jeep/van.
* All necessary trekking and climbing related permit including TIMS, National Park Entrance fee.
* Insurance, proper warm clothing, shoes, sunglass and daily wages for guide and porter.
* Camping Trek daily wages, Guide, Sherpa helpers, Cook, Kitchen Boys, Porters, with food allowance while trekking.
* Accommodation in 2 men Tents during Trek supported with dinning tent, Kitchen tent, Toilet tent, Shower tent, Table, chairs and Mattress.
* Necessary kitchen utensils
* Lunch and dinner while in Kathmandu
* Personal gears and expenses of personal nature and Personal medical and travel insurance emergency evacuation.
* Hard and any form of soft drinks.
* All confectionary and snacks, Charges for desserts including shower and boiled drinking water, Phone calls, Laundry and Alcoholic beverages etc.
* Tips and Gratitude for Guides and Porters according to custom of trekking in Nepal.
Possible guided departure dates with Parikrama Treks team